"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Trident Case...A TOS Crew Review...




While I love being able to receive and review homeschooling curriculum, it's not often that we homeschool Mommas get a chance to review a fun product for ourselves...

This time, I did!  I got to review a Trident Case, a fun and colorful hard case for my iPad!

Trident Case Review

What is a Trident Case?

Trident Case is a US-based company dedicated to producing tough, durable cases for all of today's electronic devices.  They provide cases for products from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Nokia, Amazon, and many other manufacturers.


What Did I Receive?

I received a Kraken A.M.S. case for an Apple iPad 2, 3, or 4. (I have an iPad 2.) I was able to select a color ahead of time, so the one I received was a fun hot pink and black!  Some of the features of this particular case include:

--A hard outer shell

--A silicone "shell" to absorb shocks, that sits inside the outer shell

--Built in screen protector

The website also states that the Kraken A.M.S. case is built to meet or exceed military standards, and will protect against vibrations, dust, sand, rain, or wind.

How Did I Use This?

I was so thrilled to receive this case.  I had gotten my iPad 2 as a gift this past Christmas, and though I was the only one "allowed" to use it, I was extremely nervous about the very flimsy case that I had put on it to "protect" it.  When I received the Trident Case, I immediately took it out to start putting it on my iPad.


The case comes very nicely packaged, and is easy to get out of the packaging.  However, it does not have extremely clear directions included in the package.  Luckily for my less-than-stellar-brainpower-self, putting on the Trident Case was pretty self-explanatory. There are three pieces to it:  the screen protector / front plate, the silicone shell, and the hard back cover.  I was able to have my iPad newly protected in less than ten minutes.  (For those even less mechanically inclined, the 
Trident Case website has a video describing how to install...)


I have only taken it off once since then--and that was to show someone else how it worked!

My iPad now has a nice home inside its new case, and it loves to be there.

What Did I Think?

I love my new case!  When I first put it on my iPad, I was still a little hesitant about toting the device around, due to being so very careful with it before I had a case.  However, I quickly realized how durable and protective my new case was, and I am now in the habit of throwing my iPad into my bag and taking it with me wherever we are going.  (More on whether or not that's a good idea to come...)


In all seriousness, I have become much more comfortable with this case on my iPad.  I'm OK with my kids carrying it around.  We've taken it to the poolside, the park, doctor's visits, etc.  I'm not worried about cracking the screen, sand finding its way into the ports, or it getting a little wet in drizzle.  

The case itself is slim but sturdy.  I can still fit my iPad into my purse--but I know it won't get scratched by who-knows-what when it's in there.  The silicone shell inside the outer case (the hot pink part), covers all of the ports and buttons and helps it to be slip-resistant when I'm trying to prop it up on a table.  I do wish that the case itself included a stand, but it is available as an accessory.

Now, I have to admit, I wasn't quite brave enough to fully test out this case and its sturdiness by, say, throwing my iPad onto a tile floor, or letting it fall off a moving car.  However, for family sturdiness--for example, letting my always-moving seven year old take it down a flight of wood stairs, or tossing it into a bag at a soccer tournament that is continually dug through by hungry eleven year-olds--I would say that the Kraken A.M.S. case tests very well!

Find Out More About Trident Cases:

You can own your own Kraken A.M.S. case for $69.95 in your choice of one of eight colors.  They are appropriate for all ages, kids through adults.


My Crewmates reviewed many different products from Trident Case.  Make sure to take a look at what they thought below...

Click to read Crew Reviews

Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...