"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thankful on Thursday...


It's been a while since I've posted one of these, and I can tell.  See, I'm in a bit of a slump right now.  I think it's a want-to-be-done-with-school / not-spending-enough-time-with-God / much-much-too-busy slump.

Ever have one of those?

Ugh!  I'm struggling through our days, snapping at my kiddos more often than usual, not feeling "inspired" when it comes to dinnertime.  And then, by the time bedtime rolls around, I'm exhausted.

Burned Out.

Truthfully, I'm not that much fun to be around right now.

So, I'm going to be making some changes around here.  One of them just might be to call it quits on the school year today instead of three days from now.  (Daring, I know!)

Another is to remember what mindset I'm missing--that of gratitude and thanksgiving.

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5: 18

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

Think we're supposed to be grateful?  Yeah, me too.

So, here goes...the latest installment of Thankful on Thursday...and let me please continue to remember to add to it every day!

...Quiet Time

...Soft green blankets

...A relationship with Jesus, who will always take me back

...My husband

...My son and his giggles

...My daughter and the way she always grabs my hand to hold it

...My oldest and her confidences shared on a late night

...Our home

...A healthy body

...Time to walk outdoors in the early morning

Today, I'm choosing gratitude.

What are you thankful for today?






1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my kids who love me even when I fail them and for the Word of God that never disappoints to refresh my thirsty soul.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...