"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Overwhelmed


I'm feeling overwhelmed today.  

Not just today, actually. 

 I feel like I've been swimming and swimming and swimming to stay afloat, but all the time have been quietly and slowly sinking down under the water.

Anyone else?

This homeschooling, mothering, chauffeuring, homemaking, discipling thing has got me flat. worn. out.

The 24 / 7 of it, the days upon days upon days of it, the neediness of it.

No one else?  Still just me?

Somehow, I doubt that.  I bet there's someone out there who's felt maybe just a little of what I'm feeling.

I wonder if Jesus ever felt like this.

I'm only needed (continuously) by a few.

He was needed by everyone.  Everyone.

I wear a lot of hats, sure, but He wore them all.

How did He do it?  How did His humanness not make Him just want to SNAP?  

Because mine does.  Lots and lots of times.

So, in the midst of my overwhelmed self, I need to go to Him.  And ask Him.

"The apostles returned to Jesus and told Him all that they had done and taught.  And He said to them, 'Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.'  For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.  And they went away in the boat to a desolate place by themselves."  Mark 6: 30-32

"No leisure even to eat".  So, you know what?  He gets it.  (I'll be eating my breakfast in the car on the way to our first "outing" of the day shortly, by the way...)

He tells us to rest.  Again--HOW?  and WHEN?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11: 28-30


Overwhelmed Mommies, go to Him.  Read His Word.  

REST

He gets it.  And it will get better.  Rest in Him.



4 comments:

  1. I've been feeling that way too, Nicole. Thanks for the scriptures. They are what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true, Nicole. We can so easily get overwhelmed. It so easy to forget where to turn during those times. I find that reading the Psalms is such a balm to my heart when I begin feeling overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been there and understand friend - No its never just you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have felt like that before. I think even a couple times last week I have felt that way. I really enjoyed reading the scripture.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...