"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, October 11, 2013

Our Week(s) in Review...

in my life this week(s)...I. am. tired.  Overwhelmed.  Too. busy. There's just so much rolling around in my head, so much on my list, so much to keep track of.   I'm working on it, people, but I am definitely worn thin right now--as is, I think, most of the rest of my family.  I'm trying to decide if I'm supposed to embrace the busy-ness and enjoy this time, or to call everything to a halt for some SLOW DOWN TIME.

I'll keep you posted.  At this point, it's a toss-up as to which will win.

in our homeschool...we are making some big changes in regards to what our school days are going to look like, and who is participating in what activities.  I'll post about that shortly, when I finish sorting it all out in my own head.  In the meantime, Firefly, Bug, and I are firmly planted in Ancient Egypt--making pyramids, tasting Egyptian Pastries, and reading all kinds of wonderful stories.


Bug is practicing addition and subtraction math facts, as well as beginning some spelling words.  Turtle has finished her online photography class (yay!), and is fully immersed in chemical reactions in Biology and has now finally finished up reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea--only to move on to another that she really dislikes:  The Hobbit.

Firefly and I continue to fight about math, which led to an act of desperation earlier this week:


...math on the new washer.  My final burst of creativity of the week, right there!

places we're going and people we're seeing...Golf, soccer, Bible Study, Co-op, American Girl Book Club, library, pediatrician, orthodontist, Board Meeting, art class.  I'm wondering why I'm feeling burnt out? Hmmm...

special event this week...We got to celebrate Poppy's birthday with him, which is a very special thing as he's only lived close to us for about two years.  The kiddos love their Poppy, and love messing around with him--as seen by these lovely photos!


 i'm praying for...a friend's aunt who has had some serious medical problems, a better emotional state for myself quickly, lol!, a dear friend whose husband is deployed, and another friend whose husband is currently with no income due to the government shutdown.

exciting things happening around the blog...some upcoming reviews we are having fun with!


posts from the past...Mean Girls, Part Two




Thanks for checking out our week(s)!  I am linking up this week with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

2 comments:

  1. Cute collage with the outtakes of your family photo. I have tons of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... Your new washer!!! You are a very good Momma!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...