"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, September 27, 2013

Our Week (or Two) in Review...

in my life this week...I am continuing to purge, thanks to "7" and my new friend, Jen Hatmaker.  It's a slow process, since I'm also trying to homeschool the kiddos and keep the house in some sort of order, but I'm getting there.  I've also been trying to find opportunities for us to serve, which so far has led us to one great outing.  It's been raining, raining, raining here, which means that there has been no soccer.  At first, we were loving our "found" time, but we are all getting a bit ancy now that the fields have been closed and practices cancelled for the FIFTH day in a row.

in our homeschool this week (or two)...Bug has been learning about different habitats and has been less-than-diligently working on a habitat collage for several days (because I have been less-than-diligently reminding him).  He's also learning about the Pilgrim life in Holland, and we're still learning about geckos on our Fun Fridays.

Firefly has crossed over into two-digit multiplication (ugh), but is having way more fun with her Ancient Egypt studies.  We are really enjoying this year's Heart of Dakota, Preparing Hearts for His Glory, especially all of the fun reading.  She is done with her cats unit study, and we're looking for fun suggestions for what should be next...

Turtle has finally finished reading the dread 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which she is thrilled about!  She is really making good progress on her VideoText Algebra, and is finishing up her virtual photography class.

places we're going and people we're seeing...Well, not soccer.  But we have been filling up our days pretty well:  Lego Club, Community Bible Study, Co-op Class, a trip to the local food bank, and Bug has started golf lessons.  Oh boy.  Golf.  (Can you feel my enthusiasm from here?)  Although he is absolutely obsessed, and loves every minute of it.  That part of it is fun, at least!  Somehow every soccer practice has been rained out, but every golf lesson has been happening.  Go figure!


books we're reading...I'm slowly continuing to work through 7, as well as Courtney Joseph's Women Living Well (be on the lookout for a giveaway of this next week!).  Turtle has decided to start the Hunger Games Trilogy over again, Firefly has devoured (twice) a book we got for a review, Diary of a Real Payne, and Bug is currently fixated on anything Star Wars.

i am praying for...a good friend whose husband is deployed, a young girl in our homeschooling community who was in a horse accident, continued opportunities to be grateful

blog posts from the week (or two)...

Reviews:  VideoText Algebra


Not Reviews:  Highlights from Women Living Well




my favorite picture to share...

My iPhone calendar from last weekend!  That never happens, by the way!
How was your week in review?  Linking up this week with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers, and So You Call Yourself a Homeschooler?


1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a week! I love your review of VideoText Interactive. I was reviewing it for my daughter. The only thing I had reservations about was the fact that it was a complete package and I already had my eyes on an Algebra 2 program. Instead I probably did the worst thing ever (but my crazy kid actually likes it) I gave her 2 math programs. She does a dvd/workbook based Algebra 1 in the morning, then she does Teaching Textbooks just after dinner. My dd said she liked that she gets 2 different perspectives and although TT doesn't have as many complex problems, it teaches the 'faster' way to do them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...