"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, September 13, 2013

Our Homeschool Week in Review...

in my life this week...we are back on track after a break week, but I'm still trying to finish my laundry room project that I thought it would be a good idea to start last week, haha!  So we're busy, but regular busy.  I am in my comfort zone.

Hubby and I snuck away for a date night last night, which we so desperately needed.  And, as seems to be the pattern, we struggled to stay up late enough to go home after kids were in bed, and then couldn't stop yawning long enough to have any further conversation once we were home!  Think we're tired?

in our homeschool this week...


I have one little boy who finished unit four in Heart of Dakota Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory.  We followed the Pilgrims to Holland this week, and learned about the dikes that were built there and why.  (I also learned that it would be nice to have clay on hand and not always have to rely on our Play Doh scraps to make cool projects!)

Bug also is learning to spell, and wrote his first sentences this week, and we learned about subjects and predicates, courtesy of describing his new favorite Happy Meal toy.  At co-op this week, it was presentation week, and Bug showed his new marbles and his "real pirate doubloon".



I have a little girl who also finished unit four of her Heart of Dakota Preparing Hearts for His Glory.  She is learning about climate changes after the Great Flood.  We are finally getting her in the swing of narration, which is what you see on the whiteboard up there, but are still struggling with her wanting to write, hence my writing and then a picture of it (for proof, you know!)
She also did her presentation at co-op this week, on the Tower of Babel bible story.

No pics of Turtle, of course, but she is working diligently on an Algebra curriculum that I'll be reviewing shortly, as well as her Biology and Literature classes for co-op.  She's begun Community Bible Study with the rest of us, but she's in the Teen Class and seems to be enjoying it.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?  Not so much enjoyment there...

places we're going and people we're seeing...Bible Study, Co-op, haircuts, playdates, soccer (again and again and again)...Tonight and this weekend bring a birthday party, a high school football game, a triple sleepover, three soccer games, and Daddy's birthday.  Who says homeschoolers aren't socialized, lol?

things i'm working on...some blog changes, which is why the posts have dropped off some this week. Lots of things mulling around in my head and I'm struggling to put them all together.  Hopefully some down time tonight will help me start to organize my thoughts.

i am grateful for...a hardworking hubby who supports my staying home and homeschooling the kids, sweet kiddos who are healthy and happy (even if they have driven me out of my mind several times this week), good friends, frozen yogurt, and peaceful moments (eventually...)

a picture to share...


We got to hear Jase Robertson speak this past weekend (yes, we are huge Duck Dynasty fans!), and it was just a blessing!  We all enjoyed and were inspired by his words.

Did you do anything special this week?


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! I'm pretty sure 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would not go over well with my teenaged daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! Truly, I don't blame her, but she's being a trooper trying to get through it...Ugh!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun and busy week! What kind of blog things are you looking at changing? I've been thinking about it forever. I almost did the jump but then decided it wasn't worth it....not yet anyways;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to decide how to streamline the blog and make sure that what I'm posting is best content. I kind of feel like sometimes I'm all over the place on here--but then again, that's how I am in real life too, so who knows? Hopefully headed in a good direction.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...