"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, September 6, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal...September 2013

in our homeschool this week...BREAK WEEK!!!  I know, I know, many people are just starting school this week, but I decided to take advantage of our earlier start and my executive privilege and take the week off.

From official school, anyway.  

More on how we spent our "week off" to come...

in my life this week...anything but free time!  We started the week coming back from a soccer tournament seven hours away, followed by a decision to use my "off" week for a new project.


Re-doing the laundry room.  So, it's Friday, and the painting is done, anyway.  Hopefully, by the end of the weekend I'll have the pictures hung that I've had for six months, and the cool chalkboard that I made seven months ago.

Sigh.

places we're going and people we're seeing...again, remember, this is our "week off".


Museum of Natural History, soccer fields, numerous restaurants and rest stops, pool party for Labor Day with friends, many many many trips to Home Depot for painting supplies that I forgot, soccer fields, a last minute trip to a movie since I forgot that Firefly had sprained her ankle and the field trip that was planned was a not-back-to-homeschool party at an inflatable jumping place, soccer fields, Community Bible Study, co-op, American Girl Book Club, sleepovers, playdates, vet appointments, and high school football games.

Whew!

Good thing we were off this week--we didn't really have any time to school!

things I'm grateful for...Bible Study starting back up, giving me some accountability for my quiet time.

Women Living Well, a new book from Courtney Joseph that I am previewing--and loving!

That my kiddos are old enough to let me start and (possibly) finish a home improvement project within the same week.

That we've not had a tantrum over math all week.  

*wink*

How was your week this week?  Do you ever try to tackle big projects during "off weeks"?










2 comments:

  1. This week was a good week, especially after last week. Kids were on task and I got to bed early (yay!). On our off weeks we do mini-vacations. I use the weekends for home projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! That's where my problem is, lol! All our weekends get used up with soccer, which I guess can count as mini-vacations. I've just got it backwards!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...