"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Releasing the Butterflies. Wrap-Up...


Homeschooling Hearts & Minds

This month, I've participated in my friend Susan's blog theme about "Releasing the Butterflies".  It's been all about recognizing our children for WHO they are, not WHAT they are, or have, or don't have.

And it's been a true blessing.  I've spent years and years seeing my kiddos as "the responsible one", or "the boy", or "the one that makes me pull out my hair", and not nearly enough time seeing them as the true gifts that they are.

I have a beautiful 13 year-old daughter who is taller than I am and growing up more every day.

I have an adorable 10 year-old daughter who has endless spunk and spirit, and a truly gentle heart.

I have an awesome 6 year-old son who loves to laugh and talk--all the time.

I have been blessed beyond measure, both by the gift of my children, and by the gift of recognizing them for who they are before they are gone from my home.

Have you recognized your butterflies recently?

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that this has been a blessing for you, I know that it has for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to look at your kids. They are truly gifts from God...we just need to see all the ways God is working in them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...