"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Monday, March 11, 2013

Meal Planning Monday. Continuing the Real Food Tradition...

Well, we are hanging in there on our Real Food eating plan, thanks in large part to one of my new favorite blogs, 100 Days of Real Food.  There is still a LOT more cooking involved, which brings with it a LOT more dish washing and a bit LOT more complaining about dishes and dishwasher-emptying duty from my kiddos.

However...

I feel good.

My kids are recognizing healthy choices.

I enjoy cooking ; ).

AND, it is now day 15 and we have had ONE tantrum.

ONE.

(Shouting it from the rooftops, here...)--ONE!!!!!

Fifteen days.

One tantrum.

We have never had a stretch like this in ten years.

Please, keep praying with me that this may be the answer, or at least the beginning of the answer.

I am enjoying my Firefly's company.

We will continue to eat REAL food.

And continue rejoicing, hopefully!

Definitely more on that later...

But on to this week's menu:

Monday:

Breakfast--Organic Cereals and Milk, Oranges and Bananas

Lunch--Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (with organic sliced cheese, organic whole butter, and on homemade bread--that I bought, not made myself, lol!), pretzels, apple slices

Dinner--Baked Tilapia, Steamed Broccoli, Brown Rice

Tuesday:

Breakfast--Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins

Lunch--Packed sandwiches, baby carrots, and granola bars

Dinner--Fajitas and chips and salsa

Wednesday:

Breakfast--Scrambled Eggs and Toast with All-Fruit Jelly

Lunch--Smoothies and Raw Veggies

Dinner--Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot, some kind of steamed veggie from our produce delivery earlier that day, Baked Red Potatoes

Thursday:

Breakfast--Breakfast Cookies, applesauce

Lunch--Sandwiches, Wheat Thins, Raisins

Dinner--Tricky.  We are at the soccer field from 3:30 - 8:00 on Thursdays.  I'm going to try to wing it...

Friday:

Breakfast--Cereal and Sliced Fruit

Lunch--Finger Foods (veggies and dip, sliced cheese and crackers, sliced fruit, pretzels)

Dinner--Leftovers

Snacks:

Popcorn

Trail Mix

Fruit

Crackers

Leftover Breakfast Items

Do you eat Real Foods?  Have you noticed any changes in your home?  What are some of your favorite recipes?

I'd love to hear from you...

1 comment:

  1. We start eating whole food on the 16th, 5 days! I hope it goes as well for us. We are starting with 10 days but no plans to really stop after the 10 days are over.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...