"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Homeschool Liebster Award!

I was recently nominated for a homeschool bloggy award by my friend, Chareen.  Chareen blogs over at Every Bed of Roses, about her homeschooling life in Australia!  How fun is that?


Thanks a bunch, Chareen--I am very honored!

And now it's my turn:

1.  List 11 facts about yourself.

2.  Answer 11 questions given to you.

3.  Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.

4.  Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.

5.  Go to each blogger page and let them know about the award.

6.  Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

Facts About Me:

1.  I love soccer.  I played it for years and years, and now all of my kiddos play and I get to watch it.  Excessively.

2.  I try to work out most mornings so that I can eat and eat.  I love to eat.

3.  Especially chocolate.  It's my very favorite.

4.  I have lived in four states.

5.  I think I may have an unhealthy attachment to Kevin Bacon, AKA Ryan Hardy, in the new show "The Following".

6.  I am a freak about having my kids write Thank You notes.

7.  But I am always way late sending them out, and sending out Happy Birthday cards, and Merry Christmas presents.

8.  I do not like the cold.

9.  I spend way too much time on Facebook.

10.  I live in Florida but hate going to the beach.

11.  Every time we swear we will never get another animal in this house, another one appears.

Chareen's Questions Answered:

1.  Can you speak a second language?  If so, what is it?  Nope.  My grandfather would occasionally slip into some French Creole while I was growing up, so I know select phrases.  That's it.  I've always wished I could pass that kind of a gift on to my kiddos.

2.  What's your favorite book?  The Bible.  And then, anything by James Patterson or Jodi Picoult.  I love getting lost in a book.  One that doesn't make me think too hard.

3.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?  France.  Then Hawaii.  Then Australia.  I can't wait to travel someday!

4.  What do you use to teach a second language?  Umm, yeah.  Nothing that sticks, yet.  I keep looking for something.  This one goes "on the list".

5.  What's your favorite day of the week?  Saturday, hands down.  Hubby is home, we may be running all day to soccer games, but we are usually all together more often than we're not.  It's probably the most laid back day of our week.

6.  How long have you homeschooled?  This is our fourth year.

7.  What's your favorite worship song?  "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin.

8.  What's your favorite Christian DVD?  Courageous.

9.  Do you use a curriculum or mix and match?  Yes.  Lol!  We use a bunch of curriculums--right now, Heart of Dakota is the core for Bug, lots of unit studies with Singapore Math and a review grammar and writing curriculum for Firefly, and Teaching Textbooks, unit studies, and One Year Adventure Novel for Turtle.  Mix in some Apologia for Science and Bible and you have our official mix and match.

10.  Are you on Pinterest?  If so, what's your page address?  Of course!  Another major time suck there!  My page is right here.

11.  How long does it take you to write a blog post?  Except this one?  Haha!  I am one that seems to do best when I just sit down and write.  I may have no ideas for weeks, and then one pops out that needs to get out of my head.  Usually, they come out pretty fast--of course, that may be because I have limited time to write them...

Eleven Questions to Answer:

1.  What is your favorite holiday?

2.  Beach vacation or ski vacation?

3.  Do you have any animals at your home and what are they?

4.  Favorite Bible verse?

5.  Do you shop online?

6.  What is your favorite TV show?

7.  What is your favorite subject to teach your kiddos?

8.  Is it their favorite subject, too?

9.  Do you have a Facebook page?

10.  What is your favorite out-of-the-house activity to do with your kids?

11.  Did you have a honeymoon?  Where did you go?

My Nominations:

1.  Brandi @ Autumnfawn Lane

2.  April @ Coffee, Cobwebs, and Curriculum

3.  Mel @ Mel's Mouthful on Mothering

4.  Dawn @ My 4 Sweetums

5.  Sherri @ Our Educational Journey

6.  Danielle @ Raising Little Rhodies

7.  Jennifer @ The Linton Academy

8.  Monique @ Mountain of Grace Homeschool

9.  Nicole @ One Magnificent Obsession

10.  Heidi @ Dearly Loved Mist

11.  Ashley @ Growing Little Olives

Congratulations, ladies!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...