"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, October 5, 2012

Our Week In Review--Welcome to the Busy Season!

in my life this week:  it's been a crazy week, with lots of traveling around, topped off with getting ready to go out of town for a soccer tournament this weekend.  Bug's not been feeling well and so we're all feeling the repercussions of him not sleeping (as he is throwing a monster tantrum even as I type), and Firefly is having a rough time as well.  Turtle has started early morning soccer conditioning at school, so she is gone from 7 am until 4:30 pm every day.  Crazy, I tell you!

in our homeschool this week:  we are finishing up our travels to India this week, complete with a flatbread-making adventure on Monday.  We are really enjoying Expedition Earth, from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  We are traveling slowly, but we're traveling nonetheless!  Most of our other "schooling" has been on the road this week--carschooling through field trips, Bible Study, and Book Club.

We have tried to hit only our basics on crazy weeks like this:  math, reading, Bible.  Oh, and we have started reviewing a Reading and Writing curriculum for Bug that we are both loving!  More on this soon...

places we're going and people we're seeing:  tuesday brought our monthly trip to "Zoo School".  Our zoo provides these classes for homeschoolers once a month, where the kiddos get to learn animal-related science, meet new animals up-close-and-personal, do a craft, and take a behind the scenes tour of the zoo.  My kiddos are loving this, and then, of course, we have to go do our own zoo tour after their class is over.  Exhausting day!



Wednesday brought our yearly field trip to a local (in the sense that it is only an hour away) farm and corn maze.  While the corn maze was less-than-challenging this year, due to lots of rain and two-foot-high corn, we still had a blast visiting the animals, riding the hayride, hanging out in the corn pool, and getting a little wet--kind of a dreary day, there.  Lots and lots of fun!  Another exhausting day.

Thursday brought Community Bible Study, followed by a picnic at the park with some other families in our CBS group.  Sadly, Bug and I missed CBS this week, due to the grossness of his nose and cough, but I figured the park might be OK, since the outside tends to kill the germs, or something like that.  Hee hee!

Today brings American Girl Book Club, lunch with Daddy (who is not coming to the tournament until early tomorrow morning), and then a four-hour trip across the state for Firefly's soccer tournament.  Happily, there is an IKEA in the same town.  I figure, after four hours in the car, heading straight to IKEA for the kid's place and then dinner is my reward!

my favorite thing this week:  snuggling with Bug when he is feeling puny.  I hate when my kiddos are sick, but I do like the extra cuddle time!

what's not working for us:  ANY intervention for Firefly.  She is having a horrific week, which in turn has led to my own horrific week.  I hate Sensory Processing Disorder.  HATE.

things i'm working on:  booking new parties for my 31 business.  I had a strong start that has since fizzled out, and this is a big month for consultant incentives.  I really would love to get going again...

I am linked up this week with Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.  Hope you all are having a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...