"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Monday, October 8, 2012

Meal Planning Monday...Vegan-Style

So I shared with you all a few weeks ago my new weirdo idea about cutting out dairy and meat from our diets.

So far, so OK.

I have gone all in, to the tune of about 90%--I'm still learning and it is a pretty serious learning curve.

Hubby is about 60-65%, eating his lunch out on a pretty regular basis.

Kiddos haven't figured it out yet, so I guess that's a success!

But to give you a glimpse of what we're eating, I'm including this week's dinner plans.  

Here's where I put the disclaimer in:  I have not yet tried out these menus.  And, yes, I have tossed out full dinners at least twice to this point.

Yes, I know about starving children.

Trust me--I'm not sure they would have liked the meals that much either.

But here's what we have for this week:


Tuesday:  It's Poppy's birthday, so we are going out for dinner.  Based on our recent weekend away from home for soccer, I'll be getting a salad.  Wow.

Wednesday:  Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushroom Stir Fry .  Yeah, I don't know what Bok Choy is either.

Thursday:  Pasta Night.  Yay!  Easy.

Friday:  Breakfast for Dinner.  Probably these Chocolate Banana Pancakes.  With Fruit.

Saturday:  The dreaded leftovers!

Lunchtime has been sandwiches, wraps, salads, or leftovers from the night before.

Breakfasts I'm still trying to figure out, but have been pretty stuck on a cereal mix and some fresh fruit, homemade muffins, or those pancakes.

I'd love it if you could share your favorites with me.  We are really looking for some tasty new dinners!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...