"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our New (Updated) Schoolroom

We moved into our new home towards the end of this past school year, and we gained this wonderful schooling space which we still try to call the playroom!  I actually went back to the post I made when I first got the room set up, thinking I could just kind of cheat  re-post.  But then I looked at the pictures and realized how much we had changed since just mid-March!
So, here is our (updated) schoolroom!
View from the top of the stairs into the schoolroom.  Firefly's desk area is in the foreground, with her All About Spelling checklists right in front of her.  The IKEA bookcase to the left of her desk holds her textbooks in the top cubby, Bug's in the middle cubby, and mine on the bottom.
Here is our whiteboard and calendar area.  My goal is to do some kind of calendar time each day.  Right now it looks mostly like: "since we came up here to clean, let's put a number (or four) on the calendar".  I'd love to get slightly more punctual about that...
For the summer, our schedule is written on the whiteboard, as well as the multiplication problems Firefly is currently working to memorize.
For the record, the whiteboard is IMPOSSIBLE to not see as my darlings leave their bedrooms in the morning and come down the stairs.  Anyone want to lay odds on how often their first question to me is, "what are we doing today?"
Just being real here, folks...

Ahh, yes.  Our workboxes.  Not yet labeled for this year as you can see.  Oops.  The red side is Firefly's.  The blue is Bug's.  And, yes, my color-coded obsession continues!

This is Bug's desk.  It's just for looks, apparently.  Because it's much easier to write lying on the floor.
*wink*
The TV we never use for anything besides Wii, but we had to have, but it's surrounded by my new IKEA bookcases that I definitely had to have!!  I finally got all of my books out of boxes, gave some away (believe it or not), discovered that I have hoarder tendencies, and got them onto the shelves, along with our games, puzzles, and math goodies.
Is it possible to be an official homeschooler without a map?
OR a laminator?  Or printer?  And then look how nicely our old TV stand hides our art supplies behind it's doors!
And here's my work area, complete with mess, computer, and weekly files.

That's it for our schoolroom!  I'll be checking all of yours out this week, too!

To hop along with my Crewmates, click here!


Not Back to School Blog HopBacktoHomeschool

8 comments:

  1. Very nice, thanks for sharing! This is by far my favorite day of the hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The open space is great. Thumbs up on the maps. A must have for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. The color is so nice. Our school room is filled with Ikea shelves too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color! And I need to find somewhere to hang our maps! We ran out of wall space this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first year officially homeschooling our older child (7th grade, eek!) and hanging up the map made it all feel so concrete! lol... Love your room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the love on the color! It is by far my favorite color in our house! And what is it about maps?... Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My compliments! I just love your blog! Keep up the great work and best wishes to you and your family!

    ~Mindy
    SquareheadTeachers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Mindy! I'm off to check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...