"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Monday, August 13, 2012

Our First Day!!

Wow!  Can I say how much I evidently missed having a routine?

I KNOW I was much more excited than the kiddos this morning to start back to school.  Although, we did give them a sneak preview last night, by having each of the little ones bring out a workbox to get a "head start" on Kindergarten and Fourth Grade...Kind of like Christmas Eve--only not!

But since I was up bright and early and I am a routine-girl, evidenced by my giddiness this morning, I went for a morning run to get going, and was greeted by this sight...



How could that NOT get me going this morning?  It was gorgeous!

While I was gone, hubby (known around these here parts as Principal...) graciously agreed to make his specialty--chocolate chip pancakes.  Only today they were made into some really cool shapes as well!





P.S.  This year we have a Kindergartner, 4th grader, and 7th grader (who "officially" goes back to school tomorrow, but I knew I wasn't going to get pancake-lucky twice in one week!)

We were greeted first by Bug and his oh-so-happy to be awake face...(I'm going to stop myself from the comments about if-you're-not-happy-to-be-awake-then-go-back-to-sleep-and-let-us-all-rest, and just say how thrilled we always are to see him precisely at seven oh oh in the morning...

Bug did very quickly get into the groove, though.  Here he is teaching his cars how to find the ones that are the same...

Firefly finally emerged from her sleep shell at 8:36 (as Bug was just. about. done with his boxes.  Hmmm, there may be something to this early riser / late sleeper thing after all...)



We had a good time today, and I even heard a "this is really fun!" squawked out at one point.  Lest the talker be embarrassed, I will NOT point them out.  Here are a few things that we did...

Waddle like penguins from Antarctica as we sang about the seven continents...

plant a trap for bugs in our yard to observe later this week...

draw maps of our rooms and our house...

which got to be completed at an unplanned orthodontic visit for Turtle.

Nothing like starting the year off practicing our flexibility, huh?

I hope you all are having a wonderful beginning to your school year!  Stay tuned--Turtle heads off to the local middle school tomorrow.  We are in for a ride, that's for sure!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...