"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, June 29, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal. Summer Continues...

in my life this week...Man, I really, really had so much on my list to do this week.  The kiddos were in VBS every day all morning long, and I was going to be super-productive!  Painting, organizing, planning, shopping, cleaning.

Yeah, right.

Day One, a doctor's appointment took up all morning.

Day Two, catching up on computer work (kind-of).

Day Three, an unexpected visit with a friend (OK, this was good ; ).

Day Four, haircut.

Day Five, sick child stayed home from VBS.

Oh well.  There's always next year.




places we're going and people we're seeing...see above post, haha!  But in between VBS and doctor's appointments, we are swimming,

 enjoying summer basketball (our first time), 

heading to get stitches,

and deciding whether to swim or fish in our new front yard pond, brought to us by Tropical Storm Debby.

things i'm working on...trying to not get frustrated that my plans for this week didn't work out the way I wanted them to.  remembering that God has a plan for me.

things i'm grateful for...that through all of the mishaps we've had this week, God has kept us safe.  

things i'm praying for...those in our country who are trying to keep their homes intact during fire storms.  a friend whose husband has lost his job.  a neighbor going through rehabilitation after a stroke. and some more praises for our safety and our many blessings.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is quite a pond! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby did dump a bunch of rain on FL, didn't she??

    I am sorry your grand plans for your time during VBS didn't pan out. I can understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a pond in our yard but several yards in our city do. Wow that was a lot of rain!!! Makes for an antsy 6 year old LOL (and mama:)) Friends visits are always great right? My DS has superhero camp coming up in a couple weeks and I have grand plans too but... we shall see ;)

    Jen
    http://bobjenjack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have not had rain since Debby, and I STILL have a pond!! Ah, well--might make nature study this year much more fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like mom is busy! Have fun and thank you for linking up with us at NOBH. Every blessing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...