"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Monday, November 28, 2011

Scavenger Hunting




Thank goodness for iPhoto. I knew I wanted to blog today and I actually had a free moment (shh, don't tell anyone too loudly or my kiddos will come running in to need me ; ). But I couldn't think of anything. Nothing. White screen staring at me. For a long time.

Then I decided to play with my computer and explore it a bit. We just got a new one, and although I truly believe it is way too smart for me, I still try to act like I know what I'm doing with it from time to time. So here I was, navigating through fun pictures that I've taken, driving myself crazy because I haven't scrapbooked them and because I haven't online scrapbooked them and because oh-that's-right-I-haven't-made-an-appointment-to-get-our-family-pictures-done and because I haven't made Christmas cards yet, but I digress...

Then, once I got over my mini-panic attack, I found these cute shots and remembered that I forgot (funny how that works!) to show off the one, slightly creative, fun thing we did with our reading books.

We were starting new reading books, and moving into the adventure genre. One of the ideas found in our Drawn Into the Heart of Reading curriculum was to stage a scavenger hunt to "kick-off" the new genre. So, with the help of an online clue tool, I set up a scavenger hunt through the house. The treasure: our new reading books!

Here they are putting the puzzle together from the first clue, to find the second clue...

...which led them to search under a pillow...

...and then to try to read the clue with the help of a light...

...which sent them looking inside of shoes...
...cracking codes...

...reading backwards...(please ignore the mess)
...and finally making the discovery!

They had a great time, worked together, and only argued viciously once or twice *wink*. Mental note to Mommy to try this kind of stuff more often!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks like it was a lot of work for you, but I bet they loved it!
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...