"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, November 11, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal. More Fall Fun!

in my life this week...Let me just go on record now to say that I hate the time change. More on that in a later post, but for now, I will just simply state that time changes and children with Sensory Processing Disorder do. not. mix. At all. Arrgh!

in our homeschool this week...Did I mention how much I hate the time change? Yep, well it really messes with any success we might possibly be able to have with schooling. Really, really hard to focus on math when your sister is on the floor in a tantrum because her doll's dress is the wrong color (or some other who-knows-what-set-her-off item). We're forging through it as best as we can, though, and will probably get back to our happy status quo right around the time that it's time to Spring Forward! ; )

We did manage to get a few hands-on activities done, though:

painting with berries like the Native Americans (which didn't actually work very well, but probably because Mama didn't plan ahead and we had to use juice instead of berries. Oops.)

making Indian wigwams (out of homemade clay, I might add! Mighty ambitious of me, if I do say so myself!)

my personal favorite (mostly because it worked, haha!): cloud in a bottle.

things i am working on...Peace in our home. I think I posted earlier about the wonderful post I found about choosing peace. I am making a concentrated effort to choose peace for our days. (If only ALL members of our family would immediately and obediently fall in line for that peace to take place!) *sigh* and *wink*

places we are going and people we are seeing...So I did cheat a little here and post some of the field trips we have gone on BTC (before Time Change). We really haven't done much since as I am not brave enough.
the air show

Rural Folklife Days, where we learned how the early colonists made rope,

ground corn,

prepared their sugar cane (minus the Mardi Gras beads, of course!),

and hand-stamped their leather. Lots of fun was had by all!

i am praying for...a friend's mother, who has been battling cancer, and has just discovered that it is now in her lungs and growing. I am praying for peace for her as well as comfort for her sweet mother.

i am grateful for... The quiet moments of peace that I have been able to find.

I am linked up with The Homeschool Mother's Journal and Kris, at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers. Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it IS hard sometimes when our kids with SPD have a hard time adjusting to changes. My little guy becomes more "un-regulated" in the winter months, but we're prepared (as prepared as we can be).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time change has been hard for us too. I want to go to bed at 7pm each night :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...