"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up. Friday Already.

in my life this week (today) . . . i am working on peace. Read a wonderful post this morning as I sat down to check emails and go through my to-do list. Ironic, as you'll see when you read it! You can find it here. It was definitely an "aha" moment for me, and it has changed the pattern of our day today.

in our homeschool this week . . .more field trips! We took Tuesday off in honor of Bug's birthday and plowed through Monday and Wednesday. But yesterday we field tripped to Bodyology. What a great show! I admit, I was a little nervous at first. I remembered the idea of the show from MY elementary school years, but it has definitely been a long time. And some of the other "wonderful" things that I've remembered from those times have more or less lost their luster when I've shared them with my kiddos. But, riding on the coattails of the Brady Bunch success we've had lately (yes, I found the first season on DVD and my kids are hooked!), we tried out Slim Goodbody. Can I say it again? What a great show! The kids loved it, I loved it, it was wonderful. I highly recommend it if it comes close to where you live. It was a great way to reinforce all of our human body science lessons so far!

places we've gone and people we've seen . . .besides Slim, it's been a pretty normal week. We spent this afternoon at a friend's house celebrating another birthday, this one a first birthday! (which is where I left my camera, chock full of adorable "one year-old eating a cupcake" pictures--so you'll have to wait for my field trip pictures until after the weekend ; ).

my favorite thing about the week . . .the peace that held in our home this morning. I am continually amazed at how my attitude sets the tone for the whole day, and at how quickly I forget that it does.

questions / thoughts i have . . .Turtle has begun to ask for public school next year for middle school. Eek! Anyone have any guidance on this?

Linking up a few places this week . . .Come see other's weekly wrap ups here! The Homeschool Mother's Journal Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Homeschool Chick. I have an 11 year old and a 9 year old. Thankfully my 11 year old has no desire to go to middle school but she may want to for high school. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. Good luck finding the right path for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think middle school is an age when many of our kids want to try public school. It can be really hard. Do you think part of her motivation is curiosity about that kind of life? Will your district's middle school let her shadow a student for a day to see what it's like? We did that once. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your week with NOBH!
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...