"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Workboxing on Wednesday. Third Grade.


Workbox Wednesday

Thought I would take a few free minutes and update you all on our workboxes.  They are still working beautifully (mostly) for being six weeks into school.  Here's what they looked like today for Firefly, in third grade:

 We actually cheated and used Dance Mat Typing instead, because her brother was using the kids computer and I don't like to run their games on my brand. new. one.

 We are studying Jamestown and Captain John Smith, so she has started reading this book.  She's actually not too thrilled with it yet, either, but we'll see.
 Last day of the *week* for her Community Bible Study workbook.  Tomorrow morning we'll go to class.
Each day we do some kind of occupational therapy activity (actually, lots of them just to get through the day, but one goes in her boxes).  Today we read a social story about winning and losing games.  Ha.  We'll see how that goes . . .

 We actually squeezed out three lessons in here today.  She kind of hates it, really.
 This, on the other hand, is a favorite.  I think she's just thrilled to not have to "do spelling" anymore.  Little does she know . . .
 Just picked this up yesterday.  I've been hunting for a way to drill those addition and subtraction facts into her head to make math easier.  So far, so good.  She (and Bug, really) seems to really like the songs.
 More math fact drilling.  If she knows the flashcard, it can be added to the ring.
And still more math.  Those little baggies in the background are full of chocolate chips.  I'm not above bribery, you see!
 This is to read about what we are working on in our co-op.  I think it's great.  Firefly, not so much.  I think it's written just above her understanding level.
Cursive practice.

So that's what's in our boxes today.  What do yours look like?  I love to take a peek into what everyone else is doing!

4 comments:

  1. Here from Workbox Wednesday LinkUp! I use Singapore Math too and I think the chocolate chips are a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking-up with Workbox Wednesday! We love the Rock 'n Learn videos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are doing a lot of similar things to what we are doing. I love to get a peak into other people's workboxes! It's our first year using them and it's working well for us so far too.

    Where did you get your social story? I use them occasionally with one of my sons but the lady that was making them for me is no longer working with him as he aged out of that program, so I am looking for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good things in your 3rd graders work boxes:) I love peeking in to see what others are doing:) Thanks for linking up to the NOBH

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...