"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, August 5, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal



The Homeschool Mother's Journal


So I'm finally trying to really make some kind of routine out of the postings here. I even had a nice little schedule, all written out, and I was all excited to even *gasp* get a little ahead of the game, and then I decided to crash our whole wireless network! Yay me!

I guess that takes me right into in my life this week . . .Yep. Crashed the network. All of it. No iPads, no iTouches, no computer. Nada. So my hubby and I watched a DVR'd episode of Criminal Minds from (wait for it) February last night. And enjoyed it. And went to bed early. And, as much as I wanted to, I didn't cry! And the wonderful computer man came today and fixed what I broke. He is added to my gratitude list! (I don't think he was too thrilled when I told him that, though!)

In our homeschool this week . . .I'm getting really excited! We have spent this week preparing for our "official" first day of school, which is next Monday. I'll post about our traditions later. Just let it be known that the schoolroom is clean (!), new workbox numbers are cut out and laminated, new schedules are made (and also laminated), new maps are hung, and "study buddies" have been purchased. It's getting closer, and I'm getting giddy. (How embarrassing!)
Places we're going and people we're seeing . . .Last minute haircuts, therapy appointments, and doctor visits, all trying to be crammed in before we start school. Also, the girls had their second American Girl Book Club this morning, which they are really enjoying. And, along the way, we have been making (at least) twice daily trips to our former "big pile of expensive dirt", which, as of this week, is beginning to look quite different!My favorite thing about this week . . .You mean, besides having my computer back? Watching my kiddos get excited about school. I'm sure it will all fade away rather quickly, but for now, they are excited.

Questions or thoughts I have about homeschooling? How long until we lose this wonderful enthusiasm this year? How can I make it last longer?

A photo, link, or quote to share . . ."Thanksgiving creates abundance; and the miracle of multiplying happens when I give thanks--take the just one loaf, say it is enough, and give thanks--and He miraculously makes it more than enough." Ann Voskamp, 1000 Gifts.

I hope you all had a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. love Ann Voskamps book! I wish everyone could read it!
    new follower- from HMJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your computer got fixed! Computers can be the best of friends and our worst of friends when they decide to act up! Your school room looks great! What are "study buddies" that you purchased? Are you building with the big pile of dirt? And I know what you mean about enthusiasm for schooling that slowly fades away. My children and I are so guilty of this! :/ Thank you for linking up to NOBH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli, thanks for stopping by! I'm on my way to visit you now, too!
    Our Side of the Mountain, yep, they are all American Girl dolls (or close to it). There are about nineteen girls in the book club, and for that particular week, they made Native American style dresses, for Kaya.
    Tracy, thank you for the compliments! Our "study buddies" are stuffed animals each kiddo gets to pick out for the start of the school year. I am planning a post for our new school year traditions, and hopefully our study buddies will get center stage! And, yes, our pile of dirt will (hopefully) soon be our new home (crossed fingers). Keep praying for us . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm about halfway through Ann Voskamp's book and trying to savour it slowly. Glad your network is back up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...