"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Drum Roll, Please . . .Our Schoolroom!!



Ooh, the giddiness is just surrounding us here at home! We have spent all of last week getting the schoolroom ready to go. You know, don't you, that during the summer it is simply a playroom? But, ta da, it is transformed (bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!) Instant schoolroom.So here are some pictures of it before it becomes transformed once again into the "chaos-room"! Pictures are way more exciting than words for this kind of post, anyway! The picture above is our "block corner", where we also have our cool, nifty new world and state maps, our calendar, and Bug's writing board (to discourage writing on the walls in other places. Ha.) (And when did I become such a geek that new maps have about put me over the edge with excitement? I guess that is a topic for another post.)Here is the closest thing that my physical therapist-husband would let us have to a trampoline for Firefly. We actually even call it the trampoline, because we are really good at pretending! It's actually a blow up ball pit, and stores all of our therapy balls in it when it is not storing stuffed animals or Firefly or Bug. This gets plenty of use as a sensory / movement break throughout the day. See that big red ball? That gets even more use, as Firefly bounces / rolls / flings her body across it during read-aloud times. Lots of fun here, ladies and gentlemen. Lots of fun. Ha again.Here is where we keep our library book basket with assorted choices of sitting materials for reading. Please ignore the cat toy.Here are our lovely color-coded cubbies (did I mention my Type A personality traits?) for pencil boxes, markers, glue bottles, OT cards, gum, and anything else that could possibly be fought over. Those shelves are where we are storing Mom's materials, as well as Turtle's. She is not using workboxes this year, so her stuff is all on the shelves with an assignment sheet hung up on the bulletin board just above this that you cannot see.Well, actually, there is part of the bulletin board. Now you just have to ignore the blurry picture. Yuck! Here is our computer for school, and where Turtle and I will spend the majority of our school days.And here is where Bug and Firefly will attempt to sit to do their "work". Those orange pieces of paper are where Firefly made sure to label which seat was hers and which was her brother's. Those things in the back are their workboxes, newly labeled with Kitty tags for Firefly and Batman ones for Bug. I'll do a whole post on workboxes one of these days.


So that's our schoolroom. We are blessed with this extra room that we added to our home with the arrival of Bug a few years ago. It's a cheery, spacious place to spend our days. Now, if only we could label ourselves "cheery" as we spend our days there . . .


Happy schooling, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great!! Hope you guys have a great year!!
    http://lovinglosingliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great room! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great. I like the ball pit thing. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really great! I especially love your sensory area. Ours is in the basement, but I've been contemplating moving it into the schoolroom so that the kids who need it could take a sensory break right where we are. This will be our first year doing workboxes, so I look forward to your post on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo fun! I love the "trampoline" & oversized toddler blocks.

    - Tiffany www.teaching2manydiligently.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I really enjoy seeing everyone's school rooms and thank you for sharing! Can't wait to hear all about your first days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, so tidy! Have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty room! It looks very bright and cheery. I love the color coding- I am not a type A, but I love a good system. Your room is the perfect mix of home and schoolishness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "trampoline". Looks like fun and much safer, I'm sure.

    The room looks great! Hope you have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks really nice. I'm working on color coding my kids this year in hopes of reducing the arguing over things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the trampoline in the room. I think I'll have to incorporate something similar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...