"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Monday, August 1, 2011

Beginning to Settle In

Well, here it is. Today we officially started our "easing-our-way-back-into-routine" week. Yep.
We started it.
And I made it through the first day without yelling at anyone. Yay, me!
Actually, it was a pretty peaceful day.
Yep, there were arguments.
Yep, there were tears (but not mine).
Yep, I did break down and just buy us frozen yogurt for dinner. (But I made them each add fruit to their stash!)
But, it was kind of smooth. We even did a math lesson for each girl after lunchtime (remember how I said there were tears?)
I completed (and put away) one entire load of laundry.
We went to the library, and I actually found one CD that I needed.
I read to each child out loud.
I got to check my email.
I even got to call one friend and talk to her for ninety seconds before being interrupted!
I sound surprised, don't I? Well, after the past few weeks, I have kind of been dreading this week. See, we are planning to start our new school year next Monday. So this week was our full-force, character training, stop letting everything slide so that we can actually entertain the idea of schooling next week week. Naturally, I was expecting lots of resistance, lots of attitude, lots of whining, lots of (of course) tears.
Where were they? It really was a peaceful day, with small (and not-so-small) accomplishments along the way.
Maybe my kids have been as stressed out about this crazy summer as I have been. Maybe they were ready for some more structure to our days. Maybe they are just saving it all up for tomorrow! ; )

But along my list of accomplishments is my foray into file sharing. Today I created a 4shared account, and uploaded my newest masterpiece (haha). I made a picture routine of what our morning should look like as we ease into school. Right now, it is our Before 9:30 sheet. Today we completed it at 10:15. My goal is to one day successfully finish by *gasp* 9:15. (I know, I know, such lofty goals are not always such a good thing!) I am going to attempt to share it with you all here. We'll see if it works.

How are all of your preparations going? When do you all plan to start school? Can you even get to my cool picture schedule? I'd love to hear . . .

2 comments:

  1. We won't be officially starting until October- we will be leaving for our field trip to Europe at the end of August! Needless to say, I have been in a frenzy, trying to plan for the new school year and prepare to go away! Just when my husband thinks the shipments of materials have finally stopped, another shows up, lol. I am so glad you had a great day and can't wait to hear more! Thank you for sharing. I always look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, thank you for the kind words! What a fantastic trip you all have planned! What a gift to be able to offer your kids!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...