"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, July 8, 2011

So, It's Been Awhile . . .

Long time, no blog, I know. Is it ridiculous that I feel the pressure to blog? Don't answer that. I'm pretty sure I don't want to hear the answer. ; )
And, now, of course, that I've finally gotten to sit down and write, Quiet Time only has nineteen more minutes. And we all know how much I will accomplish once Quiet Time is over (especially since it's the first one since we've come home from vacation, and I've already had numerous visitors to my office. Apparently we've forgotten what Quiet Time is actually all about!)
So, here is just a quick post about what we've been up to, with a picture or two (there would be more, but of course my camera battery died and I couldn't find the charger that I had packed--until we were home and I was unpacking and it was RIGHT THERE in the suitcase. Grrr.)
We had a wonderful Independence Day with extended family in Myrtle Beach. It was one of the few times that our (almost) whole family, on Daddy's side, was all together, since we come from all up and down the East Coast.
Clowning Around with Cousins--and Ice Cream!!
Five days of beach, pool, shopping, eating, beach, pool, sleeping, sand castle creating, beach, pool, dance parties, sunburns, and eating some more. We had a wonderful time!! The highlight for me was NOT going out to watch fireworks, and just enjoying the private show put on by all of the beach-goers who had their own and were shooting them off for hours right on the sand. We were able to celebrate without fighting the crowds and on our own terms. (Read: the babies in our group were able to go inside and completely ignore the noise, the big kids were able to "ooh" and "ahh" until they were bored and could then go inside and play games, and our sensory kiddo could watch the show from safely inside the sliding glass doors.) It all made for a relaxing and enjoyable night!
I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend! (And now my head is full of everything I haven't been writing about, so expect quite regular posts for the next week or so!) Happy (Belated) Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...