"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trying out the Homeschool Mother's Journal . . .

So I thought since we were "officially" on summer break (I know I keep mentioning that, but it's really exciting over here!), that I would try something different this week. I am linking up today to this neat blog to write about our week.


In my life this week . . .I can't figure out how I am STILL so busy! This is supposed to be my down time, but I have used it planning, cleaning, laundering, taxiing, and on and on and on. It probably doesn't help that we have closed on a loan to build a new house and found a rental place for Poppy who is moving south later this month. Hmmm. I guess I have just figured out how I am still so busy!


In our homeschool this week . . .did I mention we are on break? ; ) And yet there has been some interesting learning going on. My oldest has expanded her duct tape repetoires to now include purses, flip flops, and luggage tags. My middle daughter is continuing along in math a few pages at a time (as we await test results *gulp* ), and Bug is finishing up the end of his preschool year with two days of parties at school!


Places we're going and people we're seeing . . .aside from the family spectacular that we hosted this past weekend, we've had some extra playdates. Soccer tryouts have been this week for Turtle, and we have a soccer tournament this weekend for Firefly. I'm still trying to find time to go out and pick blueberries, a favorite activity for this time of year, but I'm not sure we're going to make it.


My favorite thing about this week . . .a desperately needed and well-deserved date night with my hubby last night. Those have been few and far between lately, and it was very much enjoyed!


Homeschooling questions / thoughts I have . . .I'm just trying to get organized for next school year. How can I make it easier? How much planning is worth it? Will all of this organizing really help me when we start again?


A photo, video, link, or quote to share . . .our hydrangeas are blooming, right outside our schoolroom windows. Gorgeous.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! thank you for sharing your week :)

    Found you at the Copper Brick Road blog hop!


    I am having a weekend long give away with over 10 prizes (being posted every couple hours threw out the weekend) Hope you can follow back :)
    http://mommy2nanny3doggy1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date night? What's that? =) My DH and I could use a date night, but his idea of date night is going to the shooting range :/

    Stopping by from NOBH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Good for you guys for having a date night! It's so important. Love the hydrangeas. I want some so bad. And that's too funny about the duct tape. They're actually having a duct tape festival up here soon, with a parade and everything! thanks for stopping by the S&R weekend hop again~! See you next weekend. Have a great week!!! Enjoy your time off school. Logan actually had his last day of Kindergarten today. I cried last night, this morning. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good night out with your hubby, that is so important for couples. Where did you oldest get the inspiration for duct tape items...so funny. Thanks for linking up to the NOBH

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...