"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful on Thursday

So, I admit. It's been a while! We have had the most amazing, super-busy, chaotic weekend that I am still recovering from! I have FINALLY washed my last blanket from the onslaught of company that we had. At last count, I think it was 17 family members sleeping in my house. Wow.



But it got me thinking. And my thinking tied in nicely with my only-halfway-through reading of Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. So, in the spirit of naming gifts, and in an effort to change my naturally-complaining ways, here is my gift list. (As you can see, I'm new at the list. I'm only in the 30's so far.)








26. beautiful white dresses on little girls receiving sacraments




27. family members all together
28. enough towels and air mattresses for everyone who needs one
29. being able to pay for two grocery carts of food
30. working washing machines

31. both sides of the family and assorted friends playing all together

32. little boys in new suits
33. niece's giggles
34. chocolate raspberry cheesecake
35. date night (yes, I know this one and the last seem out of place in this list, but, trust me. They go together.)
36. safe travels for family members far away
37. the golf cart forcing all children to get along with each other
38. getting to make more memories with our family that we don't see often enough



39. Granddaddies and granddaughters

OK. I enjoyed that. What a great way to remember the highlights of the weekend and the many blessings that I have been given. I am sold on Thankful on Thursday.
I hope you all are having a blessed week, too.

4 comments:

  1. stopping by from TT hop. I love your wonderful thankful list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks so much for linking up to the NOBH! What great pictures...you are so blessed!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie! I can't imagine that many people at your house! Thanks for linking up at NOBH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from NOBH. I absolutely love the Thankful list. I will have to start my own. I think I'll try to add to it each night to remind myself that it wasn't the setbacks of the day that mattered, it's the blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...