"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's in the Box Wednesday. Fifth Grade.

OK, so here we are at installment number three, and probably my last of this school year (yay!!). Can you tell we are all counting the days until we are wrapped up? Here is what is in Turtle's boxes today.Our typical math schedule is two days of Life of Fred, followed by two days of supplemental worksheets, timed math, and math games. That's where we are here. I've got a worksheet for her to practice multiplication and a roaring game of Multiplication War. All games in our house involve roaring at some point (more about the competitiveness of my children to come later).We are about 2/3 of the way through Exploring Creation with Astronomy. She has been moving much more quickly and more enjoyably since I have "handed over" the learning to her. When we were doing this together, it was rough on both of us.
In order to (fill up the boxes) round out my daughter's education, I have been adding in some problem solving games or workbooks. Today we are playing Labyrinth, from Discovery Toys. (Insert more roaring here).
I think I talked about this before, but did I mention we are almost done with the school year? Lol. Turtle has read through most of the literature selections I had picked for her, so now we are working through this Core Knowledge book to kill time / cover all our bases / torture her. Right now she is reading some Greek Myths and completing a lapbook from here.
We also had Latin today, but I can't find the picture for it. She is using Power Glide Latin and enjoys (doesn't mind) it.

Can't wait to see what's in your workboxes today!









5 comments:

  1. Gracias for following back. Have a great day ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. what, no fraction munchers? no grammar munchers? none of any kind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...Grammar & Fraction munchers sound promising :)

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Paul, I give up. What are munchers? And we have finished our grammar for the year, just so you know. And to my lovely loyal followers, Paul is my dear brother, so I can talk to him that way ; ).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...