"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, May 6, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up, The Fourth. Celebrations.




Let me preface this week's weekly wrap-up by saying, "Yes, we did do school this week." Turtle has continued moving along on her fractions, literature, Latin, spelling, and astronomy. Firefly has now finished all of her reading assignments, has about a week's worth of math left, has finished up her science, and watched the end of her Muzzy French videos yesterday. Even Bug spent the beginning of the week engrossed in his Batman preschool pack we found here. History brought the beginnings of Christianity in Russia and fun stories about Marco Polo, and we learned about Joseph and his brothers in Bible. We're also almost finished with Ink on His Fingers, about Johann Gutenberg.




But, we're starting to play a little more. This week we traveled to a Shrimp Festival to help celebrate a friend's birthday. There was a marine science exhibit there, so we explored that a little bit before getting a really yummy dinner.



Bug, not impressed. But then we found the Kazoo Man. Much more impressive, apparently.








On Wednesday we played hooky and went bowling. A friend and I signed our kids up for kids bowl free, found here. Great great great deal! We had a wonderful time and I think we may have hit on something for those REALLY hot days we have coming up soon.



Finally, today Bug's class in preschool had their Mother's Day Brunch. Soooo sweet! The boys sang "You Are My Sunshine" and brought flowers to their mommies! Along with the obligatory cute handmade gifts, was this:
I'm feeling pretty good about the "21 years old" and the "always says I love you". I don't really know what to think about the "my mom is the prettiest when she does her hair."


That's about it for our week, and it definitely ended on a high note! Happy Mom's Day to all my fellow mommies out there, and enjoy your weekend!


I am linked up today with Kris, at weird, unsocialized homeschoolers. You can find her here.















10 comments:

  1. Looks like a great week! We save bowling for the opposite...when it is really cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the Muzzy french videos one summer. Only did 1. The kids weren't that interested in it. But, I love the muzzy videos. I think they do a good job keeping the kids interested for the most part. I see there was a horseshoe crab there! I'm from FL and they used to be all over the place at Ft. Desoto. My dad brought a shell home one time! Thanks for adding my hop button below!!! Have a great Mother's day weekend!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe the school year is almost over. (Mine aren't homeschooled), but my 15-year-old is counting down the days before it is officially summer.

    Stopping by from the Surf & Relax Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect week of learning and fun. i checked out the free bowling deal- thanks for linking to that! my kids would love to do that this summer. :) nice to *meet* you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following us at www.thedogblog84.blogspot.com! Your kiddos are absolutely precious! We'll be following your HS journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun week! I must say that is one big shrimp~although that sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it? :)
    Thank you for following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I'm visiting from Michelle's Sit and Relax hop and I'm so very glad I stopped by! We're a homeschooling family also and we have 2 girls--ages 11 and almost 13. I enjoyed reading your weekly wrap-up and I look forward to returning and reading more! I hope you have a great weekend!

    Lisa
    Come Visit Anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I homeschool my oldest. You kids are adorable! Following you from the sunday blog hop, you can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am following you via SRW blog hop. Please follow me.
    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...