"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up, The Third. Ordinary.

As I am looking over the calendar for this week to find out what on earth we really did do that might slightly be construed as interesting, I realize that the highlight of the week might have been today. Haircuts. For three of us. Wow. I'm not sure what that says about our week.






We had a wonderful visit far, far away with lots and lots of family for Easter, and returned home early, early, early Monday morning. Monday (and Tuesday, and even some of Wednesday) was spent with the vacation hangovers of laundry, unpacking, and cleaning up, made even more fun by the "unpacking help" from the kids. (Which the dog didn't seem to mind, lol!)




Determined as I am to get this school year finished "on time", we only took Monday off, and tried to cram the "get-the-house-back-together" with the "let's-finish-school", and of course, ended up with a side order (or 5) of "sensory-overload-I'm-still-mad-I-had-to-sit-in-a-car-for-that-long" tantrums. When will I ever smarten up? (Don't answer that. It's rhetorical.)




We did manage to work in one science project, trying to make a hurricane tube. Didn't work. Looks kind of impressive, though, right?


Now, don't get me wrong. We have had playdates, doctors appointments, soccer practice, social skill groups galore. That's pretty ordinary for us. And as I am sitting here typing this, I realize that I should be thankful for the ordinary. We didn't have emergency room visits. We didn't have tornadoes. We didn't have a catastrophic car accident.




OK. I get it. Thank you, God, for an ordinary week.


I am linked up with Kris, at weird, unsocialized homeschoolers for weekly wrap up this week. You can find her here.

3 comments:

  1. Ordinary is VERY good. :)

    BTW, the tornado experiment works better with 2-liter bottles. I think because they are bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. We just might have to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! I agree that an ordinary week is a blessed week, especially these days!

    Our science experiments don't always work either, but I guess that's part of science learning, ie finding out what works and what doesn't, and why.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...